ETYM Old Eng. wrong, wrang, a. and n, as. wrang.; originally, awry, wrung, from wringan to wring; akin to Dutch wrang bitter, Dan. vrang wrong, Swed. vrang, Icel. rangr awry, wrong. Related to Wring.
1. Based on or acting or judging in error.
2. Contrary to conscience or morality or law.
3. Not in accord with established usage or procedure.
4. Used of the side of cloth or clothing intended to face inward.
1. In a wrong manner; not rightly.
2. Erroneously; wrongly.
3. Unfairly or unjustly.
ETYM as. wrang. Related to Wrong.
1. A legal injury is any damage resulting from a violation of a legal right; SYN. legal injury, damage.
2. That which is contrary to the principles of justice or law; SYN. wrongfulness.
3. An unjust action.
To treat unjustly; do wrong to