Adopted name of Steveland Judkins Morris (1950-)
US pop musician, singer, and songwriter. He is associated with Motown Records, and had his first hit, ‘Fingertips’, at the age of 12. Later hits, most of which he composed and sang, and on which he also played several instruments, include ‘My Cherie Amour’ 1973, ‘Master Blaster (Jammin’)’ 1980, and the album Innervisions 1973.
ETYM Old Eng. wonder, wunder, AS. wundor.
1. Something that causes feelings of wonder; SYN. marvel.
2. The feeling aroused by something strange and surprising; SYN. wonderment, admiration.
1. To be amazed at; SYN. marvel.
2. To have a wish or desire to know something; SYN. inquire.
3. To place in doubt or express doubtful speculation; SYN. question.