1. of wine; of, relating to, or produced in a particular vintage
2. Of old, recognized, and enduring interest, importance, or quality; classic
3. Dating from the past; old
4. Outmoded, old-fashioned
5. Of the best and most characteristic — used with a proper noun
Sinonimi: time of origin
ETYM Corrupted by influence of vintner, vintry, from Old Eng. vindage, vendage, for vendange, Old Fren. vendenge, French vendange, from Latin vindemia; vinum wine, grapes + demere to take off; de + emere, originally, to take. Related to Wine, Redeem, Vindemial.
1. A season's yield of wine from a vineyard.
2. The oldness of wines; SYN. time of origin.