A woman who uses her charm or wiles to seduce and exploit men
ETYM Old Eng. vampe, vaumpe, vauntpe, French avantpied the forefoot, vamp; anat before, fore + pied foot, Latin pes. Related to Advance, Van of an army, and Foot.
1. An improvised accompaniment.
2. The front part of the upper of a shoe.
1. To practice seductive wiles on
2. To act like a vamp
1. To act seductively with (someone).
2. To make up; SYN. vamp up.
3. To piece (something old) with a new part; SYN. vamp up.
4. To provide with a new vamp; SYN. revamp.