ETYM Old Eng. us use, usage, Latin usus, from uti, p. p. usus, to use. Related to Use.
(Homonym: ewes [pl. of ewe], yews [pl. of yew]).
1. The act of using; SYN. usage, utilization, utilisation, employment, exercise.
2. A particular service.
3. The exercise of a right to benefits; SYN. enjoyment.
1. To put into service; make work; make use of of employ for a particular purpose:; SYN. utilize, utilise, apply, employ.
2. To seek or achieve an end by using
3. To take or consume (regularly)
4. To use up, consume fully; SYN. expend.