1. Attendance for a particular event or purpose:
2. The group that gathers together for a particular occasion
3. [usually followed by "to be" plus an adjective, an infinitive verb plus a noun, or a complete sentence] When things or people turn out to be a certain way, it is discovered or considered that they are that way. When things or people turn out to be something, it is discovered or considered that they are that thing. When you say that it turns out (that) or turned out (that) and then make a statement of fact, you mean that this information, which is contrary to what you believed or expected, was discovered to be true.
4. When something turns out, it becomes what you want it to become. When something turns out a certain way, it becomes that way.
5. The number of people who attend or participate in an event is the turnout.