1. The movement of data from one location to another.
2. The passing of program control from one portion of code to another.
1. The act of transfering something from one form to another; SYN. transference.
2. Someone who transfers or is transferred from one position to another
3. Generalization of a skill learned in one situation to a different but similar situation; SYN. transfer of training, carry-over, generalization.
4. A ticket that allows a passenger to change conveyances.
5. Transferring ownership; SYN. transference.
To move data from one place to another, especially within a single computer. Compare transmit.
1. To move from one place to another, as of information; SYN. transmit.
2. To transfer from one place or period to another; SYN. transpose, transplant.
3. To move around; SYN. shift.
4. To transfer somebody to a different position or location of work; SYN. reassign.
5. To change from one vehicle or transportation line to another; SYN. change.
6. To cause to change ownership