Situated at the top or highest position
1. The highest or uppermost side of anything; SYN. top side, upper side, upside.
2. The upper part of anything
3. Something that covers a hole (especially a hole in the top of a container); SYN. cover.
4. The greatest possible intensity:
5. A garment (especially for women) that extends from the shoulders to the waist or hips
6. A conical child's toy tapering to a steel-shod point on which it can be made to spin; SYN. whirligig, teetotum, spinning top.
7. Platform surrounding the head of a lower mast.
8. The first half of an inning; while the visiting team is at bat; SYN. top of the inning.
1. To cut the top off; SYN. pinch.
2. To do something better than someone