Of or relating to a title: as having the same name as the title of a production; having the same title as or providing the title for the collection or production of which it forms a part; of, relating to, or involving a championship; of, relating to, or used with the titles that introduce a motion picture or television program
ETYM Old Fren. title, French titre, Latin titulus an inscription, label, title, sign, token. Related to Tilde, Titrate, Titular.
1. An identifying appellation signifying status or function: e.g. Mr. or General.
2. The name of a work of art or literary composition etc.
3. A general or descriptive heading for a section of a written work.
4. A heading that names a statute or legislative bill; gives a brief summary of the matters it deals with; SYN. statute title.
5. An appellation signifying nobility.
6. An established or recognized right; SYN. claim.
7. (Usually plural) Written material introduced into a movie or tv show to give credits or represent dialogue or explain an action.
To call by a title; to name; to entitle.