Of, relating to, or used in or for swimming
1. A smooth gliding motion
2. An act or period of swimming
3. A temporary dizziness or unconsciousness
4. An area frequented by fish
5. The main current of activity
A condition in which images slowly move about the positions they are supposed to occupy on screen.
ETYM Old Eng. swime dizziness, vertigo, as. swîma; akin to Dutch zwijm, Icel. svimi dizziness, svina to subside, svîa to abate, German schwindel dizziness, schwinden to disappear, to dwindle, Old High Germ. swînan to dwindle. Related to Squemish, Swindler.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: swam, swum).
1. To get on top of; deal with successfully; SYN. overcome, get over, subdue, surmount, master.
2. To travel through water.