Sinonimi: summit meeting
ETYM French sommet, dim. of Old Fren. som, sum, top, from Latin summum, from summus highest. Related to Sum.
Or summit conference; In international diplomacy, a personal meeting between heads of state to settle international crises and other matters of general concern. “Summit” was first used in this sense by Winston Churchill in 1950, although it could be applied to the meetings between himself, Roosevelt, and Stalin at Tehran and Yalta during World War II.
A meeting of heads of governments; SYN. summit meeting.
1. City in Arkansas (USA).
2. City in New Jersey (USA); zip code 07901.
3. Town in Mississippi (USA); zip code 39666.
4. Town in Oklahoma (USA).
5. Town in South Carolina (USA).
6. Town in South Dakota (USA); zip code 57266.
7. Unincorporated community in Washington (USA).
8. Village in Illinois (USA).
1. To participate in a summit conference
2. To climb to the summit