ETYM Mid. Eng. strecchen to stretch.
1. Without curves.
2. Having no deviations.
3. Following a correct or logical method.
4. Erect in posture; SYN. unbent, unbowed, upright.
5. Neatly arranged; not disorderly.
6. Honest and morally upright.
7. Reliable in matters of fact.
8. Right; in keeping with the facts.
9. (Of hair) Having no waves or curls.
10. Successive (without a break); SYN. consecutive.
(Informal) Not homosexual.
In a straight line; in a direct course
A poker hand with 5 consecutive cards (regardless of suit).
(chiefly Scottish) Straighten