1. A block or die used to imprint a mark or design.
2. A symbol that is the result of printing; SYN. impression.
3. A printed coupon issued by a postal service to show that payment for delivery has been made; is usually affixed to the envelope.
4. A type or class
5. A heavy bar that moves vertically for crushing ores; SYN. pestle.
1. To affix a stamp to, as of letters.
2. To mark, or produce an imprint in or on something:
3. To reveal clearly as having a certain character:
4. To crush or extinguish as if by stamping with the foot