Prepared or arranged for a meal; especially having food set out
1. Process or result of distributing or extending over a wide expanse of space; SYN. spreading.
2. Act of extending over a wider scope or expanse of space or time; SYN. spreading.
3. Two facing pages of a book or other publication; SYN. spreadhead, facing pages.
4. A tasty mixture to be spread on bread or crackers; SYN. paste.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: spread).
1. To become distributed or widespread.
2. To cover by spreading something over.
3. To distribute or disperse widely; SYN. distribute.
4. To distribute over a surface in a layer.
5. To spread across or over; SYN. overspread.
6. To strew or distribute over an area; SYN. scatter, spread out.