ETYM Old Fren. espirit, esperit, French esprit, Latin spiritus, from spirare to breathe, to blow. Related to Conspire, Expire, Esprit, Sprite.
1. A fundamental emotional and activating principle determining one's character.
2. Any incorporeal supernatural being that can become visible (or audible) to human beings.
3. The general atmosphere of a place or situation; SYN. tone, feel, feeling, flavor, look, smell.
4. The vital principle or animating force within living things.
5. Strong alcoholic beverage, other type of alcohol, or white spirit.
Sinonimi: spirit up | inspirit
To infuse with spirit; SYN. spirit up, inspirit.