1. A blank area in form; SYN. blank space, place.
2. A blank character used to separate successive words in writing or printing; SYN. blank.
Sinonimi: topological space
ETYM Old Eng. space, French espace, from Latin spatium space; cf. Greek span to draw, to tear; perh. akin to Eng. span. Related to Expatiate.
1. The unlimited 3-dimensional expanse in which everything is located.
2. An empty area (usually bounded in some way between things).
3. An area reserved for some particular purpose.
4. (Mathematics) Any set of points that satisfy a set of postulates of some kind; SYN. topological space.
5. One of the areas between or below or above the lines of a musical staff.
ETYM Cf. Old Fren. espacier, Latin spatiari. Related to Space.
To place at intervals.