Of, relating to, or being source code
ETYM Old Eng. sours, Old Fren. sourse, surse, sorse, French source, from Old Fren. sors, p. p. of Old Fren. sordre, surdre, sourdre.
1. A document (or organization) from which information is obtained.
2. A facility where something is available; SYN. channel.
3. Anything that provides inspiration for later work; SYN. seed, germ.
1. In information processing, a disk, file, document, or other collection of information from which data is taken or moved. Compare destination.
2. In a FET, the electrode toward which charge carriers (electrons or holes) move from the source under control of the gate. See also CMOS (definition 1), drain (definition 1), FET, gate (definition 2), MOSFET, NMOS, PMOS.
1. To specify the source of (as quoted material)
2. To obtain from a source