Standard operating procedure; standing operating procedure
ETYM Old Eng. sop, soppe; akin to as. soepan to sup, to sip, to drink, Dutch sop sop, German suppe soup, Icel. soppa sop. Related to Sup, Soup.
1. Piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid; SYN. sops.
2. A concession given to mollify or placate.
Sinonimi: soak through
1. To be or become thoroughly soaked or saturated with a liquid; SYN. soak through.
2. To become thoroughly soaked or saturated with liquid.
3. To dip into liquid
4. To give a conciliatory gift or bribe to.
5. To mop so as to leave a semi-dry surface, of floors.