1. Done, made, or carried through suddenly or without deliberation
2. Called or taken without prior warning
3. Fastening with a snap
4. Unusually easy or simple
With a snap
1. An abrupt closing (as of the mouth in biting or of scissors in cutting)
2. A small amount; bit
3. An act or instance of seizing abruptly; a sudden snatching at something; a quick short movement; a sudden sharp breaking
4. A sound made by snapping something; a brief sharp and usually irritable speech or retort
5. A sudden spell of weather
6. A catch or fastening that closes or locks with a click
7. A flat brittle cookie — compare gingersnap
9. The condition of being vigorous in body, mind, or spirit; alertness, energy; a pleasing vigorous quality
10. The act of a center's putting the football in play from its position on the ground by quickly passing
1. To make a cracking sound (said of tightly stretched ropes or fingers); SYN. crack.
2. To break suddenly and abruptly; as of something under tension; SYN. crack.
3. To cause to make a snapping sound; of fingers; SYN. click, flick.
4. To move or strike with a click; SYN. click.
5. To move with a snapping sound
6. To put in play with a snap, of a football.
7. To snap close with a sound
8. To utter in an angry, sharp, or abrupt tone; SYN. snarl.