1. Lacking obstructions or difficulties
2. Having a surface free from roughness or bumps or ridges or irregularities
3. (Botany) Of the margin of a leaf shape; not broken up into teeth.
1. A smooth part
2. The act of smoothing
3. A smoothing implement
4. The act of smoothing
1. To free from obstructions; SYN. smooth out.
2. To make smooth or smoother, as if by rubbing; SYN. smoothen.
1. To eliminate irregularities in statistical data by some process such as continuous averaging or by removing random (irrelevant) values.
2. In graphics, to remove jagged edges from a figure or line. See also anti-aliasing.