1. A gait in which steps and hops alternate.
2. A light bounding step; a gait composed of alternating hops and steps
3. An act of omission or the thing omitted
4. The captain of a side in a game (as curling or lawn bowling) who advises the team as to the play and controls the action
Sinonimi: bound off
1. To move or proceed with leaps and bounds or with a skip; to bound off one point after another; ricochet
2. To leave hurriedly or secretly
3. To pass over or omit an interval, item, or step; to omit a grade in school in advancing to the next; misfire
4. To pass over without notice or mention; omit; to pass by or leave out (a step in a progression or series)
5. To cause to skip (a grade in school); to cause to bound or skim over a surface
6. To leap over lightly and nimbly
7. To depart from quickly and secretly; to fail to attend or participate in
8. To bound off one point after another; SYN. bound off.