1. Woven in such a way as to produce an effect of variegation, of changeable tints, or of being figured.
2. Used up, beyond the possibility of repair
1. A blow hard enough to cause injury
2. A solid missile discharged from a firearm; SYN. pellet.
3. An explosive charge used in blasting.
4. An informal word for any attempt or effort
5. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect; SYN. shaft, slam, dig, barb, jibe, gibe.
6. An attempt to score in a game.
7. A heavy metal ball used in the shot put
8. (Informal) A chance to do something; SYN. crack.
9. A person who shoots (as regards their ability); SYN. shooter.