ETYM French chute. Related to Chute. Confused with shoot to let fly.
1. A new branch.
2. The act of shooting at targets.
In botany, the parts of a vascular plant growing above ground, comprising a stem bearing leaves, buds, and flowers. The shoot develops from the plumule of the embryo.
To play a shot, in sports; hit a ball; as in golf, hockey, etc.
bourgeon · buck · burgeon forth · charge · dart · dash · dissipate · film · flash · flash back · fool · fool away · fritter · fritter away · frivol away · germinate · hit · inject · photograph · pip · pullulate · scoot · scud · shoot down · shoot up · snap · sprout · spud · take · tear
To record something (as on film or videotape) with a camera.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: shot).
1. To fire a shot from a gun.
2. To emit (as light, flame, or fumes) suddenly and forcefully.
3. To hit with a missile from a weapon; SYN. hit, pip.
4. To send forth suddenly, intensely, swiftly.
5. To kill by firing a bullet; SYN. pip.
6. To produce buds, branches, or germinate; of plants; SYN. spud, germinate, pullulate, bourgeon, burgeon forth, sprout.
7. To cause a shooting pain.
imenica, arhaično, zastarelo
muški rod, vojska
ženski rod, gramatika
muški rod, arhaično, zastarelo