ETYM French cédule, formerly also spelt schedule, Latin schedula, dim. of scheda, scida, a strip of papyrus bark, a leaf of paper.
1. An ordered list of times at which things are planned to occur.
2. A written or printed list, catalog, or inventory; also; timetable 1.
3. Program; especially; a procedural plan that indicates the time and sequence of each operation.
4. A body of items to be dealt with; agenda.
To program a computer to perform a specified action at a specified time and date.
1. To make a schedule; plan the time and place for events
2. To plan for an activity or event