1. Having or caused by an irregular surface; SYN. unsmooth.
2. Not perfected.
3. (Of persons or behavior) Lacking refinement or finesse; physically aggressive.
4. (Botany) Of the margin of a leaf shape; having the edge cut or fringed or scalloped.
2. (British) Without usual conveniences; especially; without proper shelter
The part of a golf course bordering the fairway where the grass is not cut short.
2. To subject to abuse; manhandle, beat — usually used with up; to subject to unnecessary and intentional violence in a sport; shell — used with up
3. To calk or otherwise roughen (a horse's shoes) to prevent slipping; to shape, make, or dress in a rough or preliminary