1. Having or formed by a change of direction; doubled on itself
2. Played, delivered, or given in return; taking place for the second time
3. Used or taken on returning
4. Returning or permitting return
5. Of, relating to, or causing a return to a place or condition
1. A tennis stroke that returns the ball to the other player
2. The act of running back the football after a kickoff or punt or interception or fumble.
comeback · coming back · counte · getting even · homecoming · income tax return · issue · paying back · payof · proceeds · reappearance · recurrence · regaining · rejoinder · replication · restitution · restoration · retort · return key · riposte · take · takings · tax return · yield
1. A coming to or returning home; SYN. homecoming.
2. The act of returning to a prior location
3. The occurrence of a change in direction back in the opposite direction; SYN. coming back.
4. The income arising from land or other property; SYN. issue, proceeds, take, takings, yield, payoff.
5. A reciprocal group action; SYN. paying back, getting even.
1. To transfer control of the system from a called routine or program back to the calling routine or program. Some languages support an explicit return or exit statement; others allow return only at the end (last statement) of the called routine or program. See also call(definition 2).
2. To report the outcome of a called routine to the calling routine or program.
bring back · come back · deliver · devolve · fall · generate · get back · give · give back · go back · hark back · pass · recall · reelect · refund · regress · rejoi · render · repay · retort · retrovert · revert · riposte · take back · turn back · yield
1. To bring back to the point of departure; SYN. take back, bring back.
2. To come back to place where one has been before, or return to a previous activity; SYN. go back, get back, come back.
3. To make a return, as of a punt or a kickback, in football.
4. To return in kind
5. To return to a previous position; in mathematics:
6. To submit (a report, etc.) to someone in authority