Kept in reserve especially for emergency use; SYN. spare.
ETYM French réserve.
1. Something kept back or saved for future use or a special purpose; SYN. backlog, stockpile.
2. The trait of being uncommunicative; not volunteering anything more than necessary; SYN. reticence, taciturnity.
1. City in Kansas (USA); zip code 66434.
2. Unincorporated community in Louisiana (USA).
3. Unincorporated community in Wisconsin (USA).
4. Village in New Mexico (USA); zip code 87830.
A command that allocates contiguous disk space for the device instance’s workspace. Digital video devices recognize this command.
1. To arrange for and reserve in advance; SYN. hold, book.
2. To hold back or set aside, esp. for future use or contingency: reserve: they held back their applause in anticipation.
3. To hold on to; SYN. retain, hold.
4. To obtain or arrange in advance: