ETYM Old Fren. repaire retreat, asylum, abode. Related to Repair to go.
1. A formal way of referring to the condition of something.
2. The act of putting something in working order again; SYN. fix, fixing, mending, reparation.
fix · fixing · fixture · hangout · haunt · mend · mending · reparation · resort · stamping ground
ETYM Old Eng. repairen, Old Fren. repairier to return, from Latin repatriare to return to one's contry, to go home again; pref. re- re- + patria native country, from pater father. Related to Father, Repatriate.
1. To restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; SYN. mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on.
2. To restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; fix; to restore to a sound or healthy state; renew.
3. To make good; compensate for; remedy.
Intransitive verb; to make repairs.
amend · animate · bushel · compensate · doctor · fix · furbish up · indemnify · mend · quicken · reanimate · recompense · recreate · rectify · remediate · remedy · renovate · resort · restore · revive · revivif · touch on · vivify