Sinonimi: charge per unit
ETYM Old Fren., from Latin rata (sc. pars), from ratus reckoned, fixed by calculation, p. p. of reri to reckon, to calculate. Related to Reason.
1. Amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis; SYN. charge per unit.
2. A magnitude or frequency relative to a time unit.
3. (British) A local tax on property (usually used in the plural).
ETYM Perh. from Eng. rate, v. t., to value at a certain rate, to estimate, but more prob. from Swed. rata to find fault, to blame, to despise, to hold cheap; cf. Icel. hrat refuse, hrati rubbish.
1. To assign a rank or rating to; SYN. rank, range, order, grade, place.
2. To be worthy of or have a certain rating; SYN. deserve, merit.
3. To estimate the value of something; SYN. value.