1. Growing profusely
2. Very fertile; producing profuse growth
3. Very offensive in smell or taste
4. Luxuriantly or excessively vigorous in growth
5. Offensively gross or coarse; foul
J(oseph) (1888-1972) English film magnate. Having entered films 1933 to promote the Methodist cause, by the mid-1940s he controlled, through the Rank Organization, half the British studios and more than 1,000 cinemas. The Rank Organization still owns the Odeon chain of cinemas, although film is now a minor part of its activities.
1. A row or line of people (especially soldiers or police) standing abreast of one another
2. Relative status
1. To take or have a position relative to others
2. To take precedence or surpass others in rank; SYN. outrank.