ETYM Latin prospectus, from prospicere, prospectum, to look forward; pro before, forward + specere, spicere, look, to see: cf. Old Fren. prospect. Related to Spy, Prospectus.
1. The possibility of future success.
2. A place showing signs of containing a mineral deposit.
3. A potential buyer or customer; a likely candidate for a job or position.
1. Borough in Pennsylvania (USA); zip code 16052.
2. City in Kentucky (USA); zip code 40059.
3. Village in New York (USA).
4. Village in Ohio (USA); zip code 43342.
1. To prospect for valuable minerals.
2. To inspect (a region) for mineral deposits; broadly; explore