ETYM French parti divided, from partir to divide. Related to Part, Partite.
Based upon or representing political parties.
ETYM French parti and partie, from French partir to part, divide, Latin partire, partiri. Related to Part.
1. A band of people associated temporarily in some activity; SYN. company.
2. A group of people gathered together for pleasure.
3. A person involved in legal proceedings.
4. An occasion on which people can assemble for social interaction and entertainment.
5. An organization to gain political power; SYN. political party.
To have a party