1. Of or relating to a count palatine and his royal prerogatives.
2. Of or relating to a palace.
Having royal authority over a certain locality.
One of the seven hills on which ancient Rome was built. According to tradition it was the site of the original settlement. It was the residence of many leading citizens under the republic, and the site of the imperial palaces of Augustus, Tiberius, Nero, Domitian, and their successors.
1. The most important of the Seven Hills of ancient Rome; supposedly the location of the first settlement and the site of many imperial palaces.
2. Village in Illinois (USA).
Sinonimi: palatine bone | os palatinum | palsgrave
1. Either of two irregularly shaped bones that form the back of the hard palate and helps to form the nasal cavity and the floor of the orbits; SYN. palatine bone, os palatinum.
2. Any of various important officials in ancient Rome.
3. (Medieval) The lord of a palatinate who exercised sovereign powers over his lands; SYN. palsgrave.