ETYM Cf. French offre, from offrir to offer, from Latin offerre. Related to Offer.
1. Something offered (as a proposal or bid); SYN. offering.
2. The verbal act of offering; SYN. offering.
1. To put forward for consideration
2. To make available or accessible, provide or furnish
3. To offer verbally:; SYN. extend.
4. To present as an act of worship; SYN. offer up.
5. To present for acceptance or rejection; SYN. proffer.
6. To produce or introduce on the stage;King Lea
7. To propose a payment; as at sales or auctions; SYN. bid, tender.
8. To make available for sale
9. To threaten to do something: