In view of the fact that; since — often followed by that
National Organization for Women
1. Of or relating to the present time; existing
2. Excitingly new; constantly aware of what is new
Sinonimi: at present
ETYM Old Eng. nou, nu, as. nű, nu; akin to Dutch, os., and Old High Germ. nu, German nu, nun, Icel., nű, Dan., Swed., and Goth. nu, Latin nunc.
1. At the present moment; SYN. at present.
2. In the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events.
3. In the immediate past.
4. Used to preface a command or reproof or request.
The momentary present