ETYM French See Neat clean.
Remaining after all deductions; SYN. nett.
Of a particular figure or price, calculated after the deduction of specific items such as commission, discounts, interest, and taxes. The opposite is gross.
ETYM as. net; akin to Dutch net, os. net, netti, Old High Germ. nezzi, German netz, Icel. and Dan. net, Swed. nät, Goth. nati; of uncertain origin.
1. An open fabric woven together at regular intervals; SYN. mesh.
2. A trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects.
3. A strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton.
4. A goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey).
5. Any reticular (web-like) construction, especially for communication.
The, Abbreviation for the Internet.
1. Short for Internet.
2. Short for Usenet.
1. To catch with a net; SYN. nett.
2. To make as a net profit; SYN. sack, sack up, clear.
3. To yield as a net profit; SYN. clear.