1. Combining characteristics of more than one kind; specifically; combining features of two or more systems of government
2. Made up of or involving individuals or items of more than one kind: as made up of or involving persons differing in race, national origin, religion, or class; made up of or involving individuals of both sexes
3. Including or accompanied by inconsistent, incompatible, or contrary elements
4. Deriving from two or more races or breeds
5. Formed by mixing; united; mingled; blended.