1. Being on a precise horizontal plane
2. Not showing abrupt variations; SYN. unwavering.
3. Oriented at right angles to the plumb
Sinonimi: spirit level
ETYM Old Eng. level, livel, Old Fren. livel, French niveau, from Latin libella level, water level, a plumb level, dim. of libra pound, measure for liquids, balance, water poise, level. Related to Librate, Libella.
1. Establishes the horizontal when a bubble is centered in a tube of liquid; SYN. spirit level.
2. Height above ground.
1. To become level or even; SYN. level off.
2. To make level or straight; SYN. even out, even.
3. To tear down so as to make flat with the ground; SYN. raze, rase, dismantle, tear down, take down, pull down.
4. To talk frankly with; lay it on the line
5. To accuse with; to point