3 legislative; legislature
ETYM Icel. leggr; akin to Dan. laeg calf of the leg, Swed. lägg.
1. A human limb; commonly used to refer to a whole limb but technically only the part between the knee and ankle.
2. A structure in animals that is similar to a human leg and used for locomotion.
3. One of the supports for a piece of furniture.
4. The part of a garment that covers the leg.
5. (Nautical) The distance traveled by a sailing vessel on a single tack.
To use the legs in walking; especially; run