ETYM Old Eng. last, latst, contr. of latest, superl. of late; akin to os. lezt, lazt, last, Dutch laatst, German letzt. Related to Late, Latest.
1. Coming after all others in time or space or degree or being the only one remaining.
2. Highest in extent or degree; SYN. utmost.
3. Lowest in rank or importance; SYN. last-place, lowest.
4. Most unlikely or unsuitable.
5. Occurring at the time of death.
1. After all others; at the end
2. Most lately
3. In conclusion
Sinonimi: shoemaker's last | cobbler's last
1. The last or lowest in an ordering or series
2. A person's dying act; the last thing a person can do
3. A device shaped like a human foot that is used to fashion or repair shoes; SYN. shoemaker's last, cobbler's last.
4. A unit of weight equal to 4,000 pounds.
5. (British) A unit of capacity for grain equal to 80 bushels.
1. More recently than any other time; SYN. most recently.
2. The item at the end; SYN. lastly, in conclusion, finally.
1. To persist or continue
2. To be long; in time; SYN. endure.