ETYM Old Fren. issue, eissue, French issue, from Old Fren. issir, eissir, to go out, Latin exire.
1. An important question that is in dispute and must be settled.
2. One of a series published periodically; SYN. number.
3. Supplies (as food or clothing or ammunition) issued by the government; SYN. military issue, government issue.
4. The act of issuing printed materials; SYN. publication.
5. The provision of something by issuing it (usually in quantity); SYN. issuing, issuance.
1. To bring out an an official document, such as a warrant.
2. To circulate or distribute; SYN. supply.
3. To come out of; SYN. emerge, come out, come forth.