1. Of comparatively great physical weight or density
2. Unusually great in degree or quantity or number
3. Of great intensity or power or force
4. Large and powerful; especially designed for heavy loads or rough work
5. Marked by great psychological weight; weighted down especially with sadness or troubles or weariness
6. Full of; bearing great weight; SYN. weighed down.
7. Slow and laborious because of weight; SYN. lumbering, ponderous.
8. Having or suggesting a viscous consistency
9. Lacking lightness or liveliness; SYN. leaden.
10. Requiring or showing effort; SYN. labored, laboured.
11. Made of fabric having considerable thickness
12. Of the military or industry; using (or being) the heaviest and most powerful armaments or weapons or equipment
13. Sharply inclined
14. Wide from side to side; SYN. thick.
15. Full and loud and deep; SYN. sonorous.
16. Darkened by clouds; SYN. lowering, sullen, threatening.
17. (Physics, chemistry) Being or containing an isotope with greater than average atomic mass or weight
18. (Of sleep) Deep and complete; SYN. profound, sound, wakeless.
19. (Of an actor or role) Being or playing the villain
Slowly as if burdened by much weight; SYN. heavily.
1. A serious (or tragic) role in a play.
2. An actor who plays villainous roles.