(Alternate spelling: harbour).
1. A place of security and comfort; refuge.
2. A part of a body of water protected and deep enough to furnish anchorage; especially; one with port facilities.
Unincorporated community in Oregon (USA).
ETYM Written also harbour.
1. To hold a thought or feeling of; SYN. harbour, shield.
2. To keep in one's possession; of animals; SYN. harbour.
3. To maintain; as of a theory, thoughts, or feelings; SYN. harbour, hold, entertain, nurse.
4. To secretly shelter (as of fugitives or criminals); SYN. harbour.