An FTP command that instructs the server to transfer a specified file to the client. See also FTP client, FTP commands, FTP server.
1. Something begotten
2. A return of a difficult shot in a game (as tennis)
3. A document of release from obligation in Jewish law; specifically; a bill of divorce
4. A religious divorce by Jewish law
(Irregular preterit, past participle: got; or p.p.: gotten).
1. To acquire as a result of some effort or action.
2. To cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition; SYN. let, have.
3. To come into the possession of something concrete or abstract; SYN. acquire.
4. To communicate with a place or person; establish communication with, as if by telephone.
5. To evoke an emotional response.
6. To irritate.
7. To overcome or destroy.
8. To purchase.
9. To reach and board.
10. To reach by calculation.
11. To reach with a blow or hit in a particular spot; SYN. catch.
12. To receive as a retribution or punishment; SYN. receive.
13. To succeed in catching or seizing, esp. after a chase; SYN. catch, capture.