1. At or near or directed toward the front.
2. Moving toward a position ahead; SYN. onward.
3. Of the transmission gear causing forward movement in a motor vehicle.
4. Situated at or toward the front.
5. Situated in the front.
6. Used of temperament or behavior; lacking restraint or modesty.
ETYM as. forweard, foreweard; for, fore + -weardes; akin to German vorwärts. The s is properly a genitive ending. Related to For, Fore, and -ward, -wards.
At or to or toward the front; ('forrad' and 'forrard' are dialectal variations); SYN. forwards, frontward, frontwards, forrad, forrard.
ETYM Old Eng., from AS. foreweard; fore before + weard a ward. Related to Ward.
1. A position on a basketball team.
2. The person who plays the position of forward on a basketball team.
In e-mail, to send a received message, either modified or in its entirety, to a new recipient.
Sinonimi: send on
To send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit; SYN. send on.