ETYM Old Eng. and as. ende; akin to os. endi, Dutch einde, eind, Old High Germ. enti, German ende, Icel. endir, endi, Swed. ände, Dan. ende, Goth. andeis, Skr. anta. Related to Ante-, Anti-, Answer.
1. The concluding part of an event or occurrence; SYN. last.
2. A boundary marking the extremities of something.
3. A final part or section.
4. A final state; SYN. destruction, death.
5. The surface at either extremity of a three-dimensional object.
6. A position on the line of scrimmage.
7. Either extremity of something that has length.
8. One of two places from which people are communicating to each other; or.
9. (Football) The person who plays at one end of the line of scrimmage.
10. The part one is expected to play.
11. The point in time at which something ends; SYN. ending.
12. A piece of cloth that is left over after the rest has been used or sold; SYN. remainder, remnant, scrap, oddment.
close · closing · conclusion · death · destruction · ending · final stage · goal · last · oddment · remainder · remnant
1. To be the end of; be the last of concluding part of.
2. To bring to a conclusion or cause to come to an end; SYN. terminate, cease.
3. To bring to an end; SYN. terminate.
4. To have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; SYN. finish, terminate, cease.
5. To put an end to.
muški rod, anatomija
ženski rod, medicina