ETYM The same word as draught. Old Eng. draught, draht, from AS. dragan to draw. Related to Draw, Draught.
1. A current of air (usually coming into a room or vehicle); SYN. draught, air current.
2. A device for regulating the flow of air in a fireplace.
3. A dose of liquid medicine; SYN. draught.
4. A preliminary sketch of a design or picture; SYN. rough drawing.
5. A serving of drink (usually alcoholic); SYN. draught, potation, tipple.
6. Preliminary version of a written work; SYN. draft copy, version.
7. The act of moving a load by drawing or pulling; SYN. draught, drawing.
9. The depth of a vessel's keel below the surface (especially when loaded).
Compulsory military service; also known as conscription.
Sinonimi: bill of exchange | order of payment
A document ordering the payment of money; drawn by one person or bank on another; SYN. bill of exchange, order of payment.
To draw up an outline or sketch for something; SYN. rough, outline.