1 defense order
2 doctor of osteopathy
Abbreviation for ditto.
(Homonym: doe, dough).
The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization; SYN. doh, ut.
(Homonym: dew, due).
(Irregular preterit, past participle: did, done).
1. To perform or act; .
2. To carry on or manage; SYN. manage.
3. To create or design, often in a certain way; SYN. make.
4. To get (something) done; SYN. perform.
5. To proceed or get along; SYN. fare, make out, come, get along.
6. To travel or traverse (a distance).
7. A function word used to form questions.
8. A function word used, in the negative, to frame negative sentences.