Abbreviation for document image processing.
Acronym for dual inline package. A standard for packaging integrated circuits in which the microminiature electronic circuits etched on a silicon wafer are enclosed in a rectangular housing of plastic or ceramic and connected to downward-pointing pins protruding from the longer sides of the chip. Designed to facilitate circuit board manufacturing, this design does not work well for modern chips requiring very large numbers of connections. See document image processing. Compare leadless chip carrier, pin grid array, SIP, surface-mount technology.
The angle and direction in which a bed of rock is inclined to the horizontal. Rocks that are dipping have usually been affected by folding.
1. A depression in an otherwise level surface.
2. A brief swim in water; SYN. plunge.
3. A brief immersion.
4. (Physics) The angle that a magnetic needle makes with the plane of the horizon; SYN. angle of dip, magnetic dip, magnetic inclination, inclination.
5. Tasty mixture or liquid into which bite-sized foods are dipped.
1. To dip into a liquid; SYN. douse, duck.
2. To go down momentarily.
3. To lower briefly.
4. To sink; SYN. sink.
5. To slope downwards.
6. To stain an object by immersing it in a liquid.