ETYM French détail, from détailler to cut in pieces, tell in detail; pref. dé- (Latin de or dis-) + tailler to cut. Related to Tailor.
1. An isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole; SYN. item, point.
2. A small part that can be considered separately from the whole; SYN. particular, item.
3. Extended treatment of particulars.
4. A crew of workers selected for a particular task.
detail | engleski leksikon
1. To assign to a specific task.
2. To provide details for.
3. To clean and enhance in great detail (usually said of cars).